This project is working to translate basic copyright and reuse terms into the 29 official languages of the European Union.
A judge shed light on the true owner of Marilyn Monroe's iconic final photos.
The counterfeit industry has grown so much over the years that counterfeit goods are no longer the only inauthentic good that can be found in the marketplace. Knockoff and replica goods are also very prevalent. While all three types of goods are inauthentic, there are some key differences between the three as explained below.
"The Purge" creator is facing allegations of doctoring emails to establish an earlier creation date for his film.
A patent application filed by Apple suggests plans to have Siri respond differently based on the individuals' voices.
Disney may have to go to trial if they want to continue their fight to prevent knockoff characters from appearing at birthday parties.
- A Swiss artist is suing GM for featuring his mural in social media ads.
- Due to a clerical error and an opposition by Coca-Cola, an energy drink company lost a 6-year battle to register an Australian trademark for a shade of green.
- The European Union rejected a proposed update to their copyright laws that had recently garnered attention for potentially being meme-ending. This is considered a win for tech giants that pushed back hard against the changes.
- Bacardi has been enforcing their trademark rights since 1936, often using the slogan "It's your right" to assure consumers they should have Bacardi rum in their Bacardi cocktail. Check out the legal history of the Bacardi cocktail here.
- This 87-year-old inventor has over 250 patents to his name (he stopped counting) and is still going strong.
- A European Court has handed down the long-awaited decision in the Christian Louboutin ‘red soles’ dispute.
- Ford filed a patent application for a steering wheel that converts into a laptop holder.
- Following the TC Heartland v. Kraft Foods decision, the number of patent lawsuits in East Texas has plummeted.
- Does this ketchup bottle remind you of something?