A patent application filed by Apple suggests plans to have Siri respond differently based on the individuals' voices.
Disney may have to go to trial if they want to continue their fight to prevent knockoff characters from appearing at birthday parties.
- A Swiss artist is suing GM for featuring his mural in social media ads.
- Due to a clerical error and an opposition by Coca-Cola, an energy drink company lost a 6-year battle to register an Australian trademark for a shade of green.
- The European Union rejected a proposed update to their copyright laws that had recently garnered attention for potentially being meme-ending. This is considered a win for tech giants that pushed back hard against the changes.
- Bacardi has been enforcing their trademark rights since 1936, often using the slogan "It's your right" to assure consumers they should have Bacardi rum in their Bacardi cocktail. Check out the legal history of the Bacardi cocktail here.
- This 87-year-old inventor has over 250 patents to his name (he stopped counting) and is still going strong.
- A European Court has handed down the long-awaited decision in the Christian Louboutin ‘red soles’ dispute.
- Ford filed a patent application for a steering wheel that converts into a laptop holder.
- Following the TC Heartland v. Kraft Foods decision, the number of patent lawsuits in East Texas has plummeted.
- Does this ketchup bottle remind you of something?
Recently, my wife and I welcomed a baby girl. As I started thinking about her future, I couldn’t help but think about what technology tools will be available for the next generation of IP professionals.
- This copyright infringement lawsuit may be the "most quintessential digital-age influencer era legal battle" ever.
- Tiffany's recently brought their trademark blue to the streets of NYC.
Nehal Madhani, Alt Legal's founder and CEO, and Hannah Samendinger, Alt Legal's GC, will both be speaking at the Career Development Day at the 2018 Annual Meeting of the International Trademark Association in Seattle.