Welcome to Alt Legal IP News, a weekly digest of IP news and developments, delivered right to your inbox.
If you have an article or update you think we’d like, please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A bizarre trademark lawsuit over an "Ultra" trademark registration no one owned is likely heading to trial.
- Nursing home movie nights may be a copyright liability.
- Why did this Israeli author release a book of works by women without their consent?
Kanye, Games, and Vegetables
- Kanye may soon be coming to a screen near you.
- Katamari Damancy, a game where your character rolls around forming clumps, may be making a comeback.
- Check out the untold story of the OXO vegetable peeler, "one of the great icons of 20th-century industrial design."
- The CRISPR patent fight may have changed the course of biology.
-This is a fascinating look at what 13,000 patents involving the DNA of sea life can tell us.
- The UN is fighting to make rapid progress in health crises, but intellectual property law reform may be necessary to do so.
Odds and Ends
- Last week the Senate unanimously passed the Music Modernization Act. Here is a recap of what it does.
- Papa John's filed several trademark applications for a potential, very subtle name change.
- A photographer is suing Netflix for allegedly using his storm photo in Stranger Things.
- Are all US patent claims invalid?
See you next week!
Hannah from Alt Legal