Welcome to Alt Legal IP News, a weekly digest of IP news and developments, delivered right to your inbox.
If you have an article or update you think we’d like, please send submissions to email@example.com.
Schedule a demo or training here.
- A UK intellectual property minister resigned, citing Brexit.
- Canada's new trademark laws will go into effect on June 17, 2019.
- Uncle Sam might not have any rights under the Copyright Act.
- Google, Amazon, and others are heading to Capitol Hill to discuss patent eligibility.
Don't Do That
- Nine people are facing charges for stealing Samsung's intellectual property.
- Stephen Colbert suggests the President "lawyer up."
- Jay Z has asked a court to halt arbitration in an ongoing trademark infringement case due to lack of diversity amongst the arbitrators.
Odds and Ends
- Instagram users are building their brands on other peoples' intellectual property.
- Did you know Hakuna Matata is a registered trademark?
- The Supreme Court will not hear TVEyes' appeal, which may be problematic for researchers and critics.
- The number of foreign filers of US trademark applications is surging.
See you next week!
Hannah from Alt Legal