Welcome to Alt Legal IP News, a weekly digest of IP news and developments, delivered right to your inbox.
If you have an article or update you think we’d like, please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule a demo or training here.
- A federal judge is unsealing court records that may reveal a patent troll's complex machinations.
- Amid trade talks, a White House advisor is continuing to receive Chinese trademark registrations.
- Canada's new trademark rules are almost here.
- A DJ was granted a trademark registration for "6IX," despite opposition from Drake.
- Rihanna is suing her father over the name of his entertainment company.
- Does Kylie Jenner have a trademark problem? Check out her application here.
Odds and Ends
- Do you ever wish you could go back to the days when you had a Motorola Razr?
- PepsiCo and a moonshine distillery are disputing the rights to use the phrase "Mountain Dew."
- A new fashion exhibit raises some interesting questions about gray areas in IP and how IP can be a force for good.
- Trade talks between the US and China are falling short of solving some IP issues.
See you next week!
Hannah from Alt Legal