Welcome to Alt Legal IP News, a weekly digest of IP news and developments, delivered right to your inbox.
If you have an article or update you think we’d like, please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule a demo or training here.
It's Called Fashion
- Google is acquiring Fossil's smartwatch technology for $40 million.
- How long will it be until this $40 dress leads to a lawsuit?
- A major fashion company wrongly sent a cease and desist for a domain name, collusion.so.
On Your Phone
- Your iPhone might soon replace your carbon monoxide detector.
- Amazon is working on a virtual dressing room.
- Gigi Hadid is in hot water, again, for posting copyright-protected photos of herself on her Instagram.
- A new Supreme Court patent ruling provided a big win for generic drug makers.
- The USPTO came close to shutting down as part of the government shutdown but remains open for now.
- Google is hoping the Supreme Court will help them reverse the Federal Circuit's controversial Oracle ruling.
Odds and Ends
- Are you feeling lucky? The company who infringed Google's "I'm feeling lucky" button certainly wasn't.
- This is an interesting video on the most sampled loop in music history.
- A photographer is suing the Georgia Attorney General's campaign over unauthorized use of his photographs.
- Rapunzel is at the center of an ongoing and interesting TTAB dispute.
See you next week!
Hannah from Alt Legal