Welcome to Alt Legal IP News, a weekly digest of IP news and developments, delivered right to your inbox.
If you have an article or update you think we’d like, please send submissions to email@example.com.
Schedule a demo or training here.
- Waco, Texas is quickly becoming the new Mecca for patent infringement cases.
- Calling this company a patent troll may result in a defamation lawsuit.
- Apple announced plans to close stores in the Eastern District of Texas to better protect the company from patent litigation.
- This patent lawyer is credited with saving the CBD industry.
- 65 intellectual property scholars submitted a brief supporting Google in the ongoing Oracle case.
- Portlandia made fun of using of a food product's journey as a selling point, but many companies are finding that the supply chain is their intellectual property.
Take It to Court
- The TTAB issued a precedential decision about the use of hashtags as trademarks.
- Emojis are increasingly present in courts, but courts aren't prepared.
- Banksy may show up in courts around the world.
Odds and Ends
- These seven black inventors obtained patents, despite many obstacles, and their work helped shape American life.
- A New York lawmaker endorsed a plan to help break an HIV-prevention drug's patent.
- The Public Theater is suing the Public Hotel, alleging trademark infringement.
- The Supreme Court heard arguments about whether trademark owners should have more protections in bankruptcy cases.
See you next week!
Hannah from Alt Legal