Welcome to Alt Legal IP News, a weekly digest of IP news and developments, delivered right to your inbox.
If you have an article or update you think we’d like, please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule a demo or training here.
Eat It Up
- In-N-Out claims Puma's new Drive-Thru sneakers infringe on the In-N-Out logo.
- What can Mardi Gras teach us about trademark protection for food?
- What kind of patented tanks may have been involved in the great molasses flood of 1919?
A Bunch of Criminals
- Is it time to provide criminal penalties for patent infringement?
- The US government has been trying to seize a biker gang's logo for more than a decade, but a judge ruled in favor of the gang.
- Theranos is known for deception and fraud. While the company was never able to release what they promised, they were granted many patents.
I'll Take That
- People are using fake companies and trademark applications to take over popular Instagram usernames.
- Barstool Sports is offering people money to retract copyright strikes.
- Check out this interesting read on how the Music Modernization Act could impact indigenous tribes.
Odds and Ends
- Mardi Gras weekend has led to a battle of the mega beers.
- Is Kim Kardashian's new lawsuit just a distraction?
- Two well-meaning wine projects are disputing the right to use "solidarity."
- Williams-Sonoma and Amazon are gearing up for a trademark war.
See you next week!
Hannah from Alt Legal