Welcome to Alt Legal IP News, a weekly digest of IP news and developments, delivered right to your inbox.
If you have an article or update you think we’d like, please send submissions to email@example.com.
Schedule a demo or training here.
- Cardi B may face some drag queen opposition while trying to register "okurrr" as a trademark.
- Warner Bros' trademark application for a Harry Potter quote was denied.
- Olivia Jade, one of the children involved in the college admission scandal, received an office action for poor punctuation in her trademark application.
Cutting Edge Technology
- Technology is reshaping the cannabis industry.
- 3D printing has created unique problems for intellectual property owners and potential infringers.
- In honor of March Madness, these are some of basketball's famous patents.
Play the Hits
- Here is a brief history of copying in songs, starting in 1722.
- After the "Blurred Lines" litigation, some songwriters are nervous about creating new music.
- Ariana Grande signed away 90% of the songwriting royalties for one of her recent singles.
Odds and Ends
- These 32 women changed all of our lives, even in small ways. Even though women have been long overlooked, they are getting more patents now than ever.
- Dum-Dums won a victory over a lollipop rival with confusingly similar packaging.
- The Supreme Court will not review the case involving the Nike "Jumpman" logo.
- 13 members of the European Parliament may have incorrectly cast votes on the controversial Copyright Directive.
See you next week!
Hannah from Alt Legal