Welcome to Alt Legal IP News, a weekly digest of IP news and developments, delivered right to your inbox.
If you have an article or update you think we’d like, please send submissions to email@example.com.
Schedule a demo or training here.
- Yesterday the Supreme Court heard oral arguments in Iancu v. Brunetti. Check out a summary here and the full transcript here.
- Kim Kardashian plans to become a lawyer without going to law school.
- Patagonia claims that Anheuser-Busch's new Patagonia beer rips off their branding elements.
- The multi-billion dollar Apple v. Qualcomm patent trial is about to begin.
- Two pillow makers are disputing similarities in advertising and packaging.
- Some intellectual property disputes may be moving to a new venue.
Games, Toys, and Songs
- The TTAB sustained an opposition by Cards against Humanity against Vampire Squid Cards for their product Crabs Adjust Humidity.
- Lego successfully canceled the trademark of a Chinese imitator, Lepin.
Odds and Ends
- A serial trademark filer is claiming he is "the best troll."
- Some patent applications reveal pop-up phone screens might be in our future.
- The PTAB is issuing some interesting decisions on cannabis patents.
- A tweet by EFF complaining about a DMCA request was hit with its own DMCA takedown request. The EFF countered that "reporting about copyright infringement is not infringement."
See you next week!
Hannah from Alt Legal