Welcome to Alt Legal IP News, a weekly digest of IP news and developments, delivered right to your inbox.
If you have an article or update you think we’d like, please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule a demo or training here.
- Post-Brexit, the UK patent system may need some reform. Here is one proposal.
- An artist created the Australian Aboriginal flag but then licensed the work to a clothing brand, which is now causing problems for Aboriginal organizations.
- Penguin Random House is in hot water with an English professor because he claims"they chose commerce over decency" when choosing to publish a literary classic.
- Peloton is facing a potential setback in its ongoing patent infringement dispute with Flywheel.
- Last year, I included a story about New York's ice cream truck turf war. "Operation Meltdown" may have ended the war once and for all.
- Michelin wants to ensure you'll never get a flat again.
All Kinds of Art
- Does interior design have an intellectual property problem?
- Kid Cudi and Kanye West are facing a copyright infringement claim and arguing fair use.
- Fruit breeders are forming an alliance to combat intellectual property infringement.
Odds and Ends
- On Monday the Supreme Court sided with an Alabama tech company in their dispute with the USPS.
- Would you agree that these are the nine most notorious copyright cases?
- Tom Brady regrets filing that "Tom Terrific" trademark application.
- Some companies add fake sounds to their products to impact consumers' perceptions, and sometimes those sounds become brand identifiers.
See you next week!
Hannah from Alt Legal