We are looking to add a Legal Operations Associate to our team. You can find more information below!
Legal Operations Associate at Alt Legal (New York, NY)
Alt Legal is a fast-growing legal tech company based in NYC. We’ve been recognized in Inc. Magazine, Bloomberg, Above the Law, and others. Our intuitive and automated software helps IP professionals create, manage, and analyze their trademarks and patents. Am Law 200 firms, boutique firms, and public & private companies trust our software to handle hundreds of thousands of filings daily.
We’re seeking a Legal Operations Associate who will work closely with our General Counsel & Legal Product Manager on a wide range of legal and technology issues. We are a customer-centric company, so that means you will have the opportunity to interact with our customers at leading IP law firms and corporate legal departments on a daily basis.
As the Legal Operations Associate, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing legal support to the General Counsel, researching legal issues, and drafting legal documents
- Providing support and guidance to our customers (IP attorneys and paralegals)
- Researching laws and processes relating to U.S. and international intellectual property prosecution
- Applying legal research and customer feedback to create new features and products alongside our engineers
- Collaborating and creating IP law content, including a weekly newsletter, blog posts, and a podcast
- Participating and speaking at industry events including conferences and product showcases
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following attributes:
- Demonstrated interest in intellectual property and/or the legal issues surrounding SaaS businesses
- Patience and the ability to maintain a positive attitude in high-pressure situations
- Ability to know what you don’t know
- Self-starter, team player, and quick learner
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and propose improvements to existing solutions
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask
- Ability to switch from one project to another depending on needs
- Located in New York or willing to relocate
- Good sense of humor
This posting is not a comprehensive list of all tasks that may arise in the course of employment. Employees may be asked to complete work outside of this list from time to time.
We offer a collaborative and challenging work environment and the opportunity to be part of a growing company. We're a team of intellectually curious individuals who love learning and developing new skills. Our company was founded on the belief that a team with diverse backgrounds and identities will have the greatest range of experiences, the best selection of ideas, and the most inclusive and supportive culture. We encourage all candidates to apply.
How to apply:
If you’re interested, you should submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume in PDF, a short statement explaining your specific interest in this role and why you'd like to join the Alt Legal team in PDF, and your desired salary range. Your email should include “Legal Operations Associate- [Name]” in the subject line. The deadline to apply is February 1, 2018, but we’ll review applications on a rolling basis.